VERY HAPPY to see That Asian Kid on the Leicestershire 9 for 9 Book Challenge! Lots of Year 9s in schools all across Leicestershire will be getting copies of the nine books on the list – and they are in for a treat! HAPPY READING YEAR 9s!
THAT ASIAN KID is on the shortlist for the Bristol Teen Award 2020, with some fab books, and I am chuffed to bits. Many congratulations to my fellow nominees!
I will be on twitter on Sunday May 3rd at 2.15pm, talking about my books and inspiration @savitakalhan. So please come along and ask me a question, and remember to use the hashtag #CHCCYAFEST.
My publisher, TROIKA BOOKS, are offering an amazing 40% discount on all their books – including my books, THAT ASIAN KID, and THE GIRL IN THE BROKEN MIRROR. So don’t miss this amazing offer and grab a copy now! https://www.troikabooks.com/blog/covid-19-update
Call Orca Book Services on 01235 465 577 (UK ONLY)
Hi everyone, I hope you are all keeping safe. Here are a few resources you might like to check out to keep boredom away –
- Online library catalogues – every borough has an online catalogue of ebooks and audio books, so have a look and find a new book to read. Be brave and try a different genre – you might discover some treasures!
- Audible have a great selection of audio books free for kids, teens and young adults. so if you have never listened to an audio book before, now is the time to try it out.
- Check out this online resource for keeping a diary – there are so many kinds of diaries suggested by lots of great children’s authors! #ourcoronadiary https://www.ourcoronadiary.com/
- I’m offering free writing prompts to anyone under 18 – just drop me an email via my Contacts page if you would like one.
- I will be offering Skype author visits after the Easter Holidays, so please use the Contact page to get in touch with me for details.
Stay safe x
An evening with me and author Sif Sigmarsdottir chatting to Miriam Halahmy about our YA books. Come along and join us! The Muswell Hill Children’s Bookshop will be there too! Register here for your free ticket – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-evening-with-miriam-savita-sif-discussing-their-young-adult-novels-tickets-96047018217